The efficacy of ginseng described in the ancient medical and pharmacological records can be described as follows, taking into account modern medicine
- 1It helps both men and women recover from the feelings of physical weakness and protects and promotes the functions of the internal organs.
- 2 It calms the nerves for those who suffer from anxiety and pounding of the heart and those who engage in vigorous physical activities.
- 3 It promotes resistance against viruses and influenzas, etc.
- 4 It helps improve eyesight and brain functions.
- 5 It effectively treats the symptoms of diabetes such as thirst, polyphagia and polyuria.
- 6 It mitigates severe vomiting.
- 7 It strengthens the stomach, thereby promoting its digestive functions and treating hyperacidity.
- 8 It is effective on chronic gastritis patients who constantly vomit and suffer from diarrhea.
- 9 It eliminates the gas building up inside the stomach and colon.
- 10 It prevents and helps treat physical weakness resulting from exhaustion or undesirable dietary habits.
- 11 It is used for hemiplegia (unable to use one’s hands and feet properly) due to cerebral hemorrhage, cerebral thrombosis, etc. or for indigestion resulting from high heat, or for cold stomach and intestines.
- 12 Prolonged intake makes the body feel lighter and promotes longevity.
- 13 It is used in case of breathing difficulties resulting from indigestion or lack of qi.
- 14 It destroys various types of tumors incl. cancerous tumors in the body and promotes recovery.
- 15 It promotes the discharge of sputum and exudates from the respiratory system.
- 16 It effectively relieves indigestion resulting from fever caused by colds.
- 17 It is used to treat poisoning caused by misuse of mineral-based herbal medicine.
- 18 It reinforces the pulmonary functions when there are symptoms of inconsistent respiratory function and low lung capacity.
- 19 It promotes secretion of bodily fluids when there is lack of bodily fluids resulting from physical activities.
- 20 It is used to treat the various types of pre- and post-partum conditions, and it has qi and blood protection and hemostasis functions for patients suffering from hemoptysis, hematuria, uterine hemorrhage, colon hemorrhage and gastric hemorrhage.
- 21 It effectively lowers the body temperature in case of a fever resulting from physical weakness or exhaustion that exerts extreme stress on the heart, lungs and/or digestive system.
- 22 It is used to treat severe cases of diarrhea and colitis.
- 23 It effectively mitigates the symptoms of headache and dizziness/vertigo.
- 24 It prevents ischemia resulting from consumable heat, etc. by mitigating 자한 caused by lack of qi.
- 25It is used to treat polyuria and oligouria.
- 26When used on patients suffering from neuralgia or paralysis of the four limbs, it helps promote the metabolic activity and blood circulation.
Seven Efficacies of Ginseng
Ginseng protects the body’s qi (energy) and effectively treats temporary atelectasis and physical weakness caused by various types of acute and chronic diseases. In other words, it helps promote stamina and vigor.
It promotes the generation of blood, thereby enhancing the functions of the lungs, intestines and spleen. It also improves metabolic syndromes caused by anemia, and promotes hemocytopoiesis and blood circulation.
It calms the mind and the nerves, and alleviates anxiety arising from hypofunction of the heart or impaired blood circulation. In other words, it helps alleviate various types of stress on the body and mind.
Ginseng improves the functions of the lungs, spleen and stomach, thereby enhancing the functions of the entire body. It also ensures that there are sufficient bodily fluids that the body needs at all times to prevent the feeling of thirst. In other words, it effectively treats the symptoms of diabetes.
It relieves the symptoms of asthma and chronic cough resulting from weakened function of the lungs and enhances the qi. In other words, it stabilizes breathing and effectively treats respiratory diseases.
It strengthens the intestinal canal to prevent diarrhea and reinforces the digestive system to promote its functions.
It removes and discharges toxins from the body, and boosts the resistance against diseases that can easily result from hypometabolism. It also normalizes the skin function and has an effect against tumors.